The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the management of projects, budget preparation and estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interaction and attending various design team / site meetings.
As a Senior member of the Management Team the Senior QS will have responsibility for direction of the function in relation to relevant projects; as a result of which the Senior QS must be commercially aware, with a high level of commitment, initiative and enthusiasm.
In addition the job holder will also be responsible for the day to day operational oversight of the key business areas including, responsibility for liaising with and promoting cooperation with other functions.
▪ Liaising with and reporting to the Directors and Operations Manager.
▪ Liaising with the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met.
▪ Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations.
▪ Attend regular site meetings and communicate effectively to keep MD up to date on project development status whilst also tracking and resolving issues.
▪ Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site.
▪ Monitoring of contract charges and notification to sub-contractors.
▪ Sub-contractor re-measurement, interim and final account payments.
▪ Processing fortnightly / monthly sub-contractor payment certificates.
▪ Compiling the variation log and signing off on variations.
▪ Issuing interim payment applications.
▪ Final account preparations at the end of the project.
▪ Cost monitoring and reporting using construction computer software and attending monthly cost reporting meetings.
▪ Keeps abreast of various changes in industry and competitive environment in which the company operates.
Experience and Skills:
▪ Degree in Quantity Surveying.
▪ Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Ireland with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, Final Accounts and cost reporting.
▪ Display through understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings.
▪ Display high capability of extracting quantities from drawings and issuing enquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received within specified time frames.
▪ Proficient in MS Office, MS Project and other Quantity Surveying Packages (e.g. Billsoft)
▪ Proven track record in Residential & Commercial Projects.
▪ Demonstrate excellent budgetary responsibility
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide and explain accurate reporting.
▪ Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
• Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision.
• Must be highly flexible with a high-level commitment to success.
• Ability to work successfully as part of a team with wide variety of individuals demonstrating effective interpersonal skills.
• Must be dedicated, hardworking and have good organisational skills
• Must have a driving licence