Our Client is one of Irelands leading timber processors supplying quality construction, fencing & pallet timber products to the Irish and UK markets Since its foundation. The company has grown to become a major force in the Irish and UK timber industry.
Our Client is currently recruiting a General Manager to oversee the day to day management and administrative functions of the business. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate as they will be joining a company which has a history of continuous growth and reinvestment in the business. They will also be leading and managing a highly experienced, talented and committed team with a track record of achievement which is best demonstrated by the company’s growth during the downturn.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director we are looking to recruit an experienced professional with a proven track record in the management of a manufacturing business.
- Responsible to establish and achieve ambitious monthly, quarterly and annual targets in conjunction with the management team.
- Oversee regular review and management of company targets with department managers.
- Responsible for ongoing development of management team and systems.
- Responsible to manage overhead with department management.
- Oversee company’s annual Insurance and Liability requirements.
- Oversee HR function and staff development programs as required with EHS management.
- Regular review of companies Safety and Environmental management and ongoing improvement with EHS manager.
- Review ICT resources and establish upgrade implementation as required with ICT management.
- Liaise with local stakeholders and community groups.
What are we looking for?
- Formal 3rd level qualification is preferable but not essential.
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with all levels of staff, contractors and management and present key safety info to staff and management.
- Experience in ongoing development of organisational structure and management systems.
- Experience in HR practice, the development of people and staff training programs.
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety, Insurance, Litigation etc.
- Experience of working with regulatory bodies (NSAI/EPA/HSA) is preferable but not essential.
An attractive package will be available to the successful candidate + Bonus. Relocation costs will be considered.
For more information or to apply for the role please contact email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org