Our Client are looking for a PSCS EHS Advisor to join their dedicated, passionate team.our client has been providing the pharmaceutical, semiconductor, industrial, food, commercial and retail industries with professional project management and high calibre craftsmanship
If you’re a committed EHS Advisor from a process, semi-conductor, chemical or mechanical background, this is an excellent opportunity to take your next step with an established company.
Field Based (covering Cork) Salary DOE (€50k – 60k). Plus Mobile Phone, Laptop, Company Expenses, 20 Days’ Holiday + Public Holidays
Working hours: 39 hrs per week (flexibility required)
As the PSCS Safety Advisor, you will be responsible for overall project safety providing a high level of health and safety guidance to the business and;
- Be a leader in our Behavioural Based Safety Programme.
- Advise and liaise with project construction team and PSPD regarding on site Health and Safety issues and overall commitment to improving safe conditions in the work place.
- Update the site company safety file for both statutory compliance and company compliance with Safety Management System.
- Issue Weekly H&S Progress Report.
- Inspection of WAH equipment such as Mobile Towers, Ladders, MEWP.
- Ensure compliance with HSA and Statutory obligations, cooperate policies and procedures and legislation.
- Ensure compliance and continuous improvement for all elements of Health & Safety.
- Carryout accident and incident investigations and corrective actions and follow up effectiveness of these actions.
- Conduct regular internal audits and report and close out findings with project team.
- Compile method statements/ risk assessments for various tasks and ensure compliance with same.
- Communicate Tool Box Talks and carryout site inductions.
- Strict management and assessment of all onsite subcontractors including reviewing RAMS.
- Chair PSCS HES meetings and communicate minutes to Leo Lynch project team and ensure issues are closed.
- Attend internal HES meeting and ensure relevant issues are reviewed and closed.
- Ensure all regulatory and in-house safety training/refresher training is completed.
- Assisting the Group Health & Safety Manager in ensuring all Safety requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Present weekly safety performance reports to senior management
- A third level qualification in Health & Safety
- At least five years’ health and safety advisory experience gained within the PSCS role in process, semi-conductor, chemical or mechanical engineering environment
- Excellent communication skills / Team player with hands on approach to resolving issues.
- Be methodical, logical, efficient and highly organised.
- CIF PSCS Training or similar
- FETAC Manual Handling Instructor (Advantage)
- Occupational First Aider (Advantage)
- Membership of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (Advantage)
- WAH and Abrasive Wheels Instructor (Advantage
A proven track record with a minimum of five years PSCS ’ health and safety advisory experience gained within a process, semi-conductor, chemical or mechanical engineering environment.
For enquires or to send your cv please email firstname.lastname@example.org